Monthly Roundup: March
Taking a quick look at the numbers for March. . .
- Books bought – 23 (you say I have a problem, I say that makes me happy!)
- Books downloaded – 15
- ARCs received for review (physical) – 4
- ARCs received for review (digital) – 7
- Books read – 12 (including 1 DNF and 2 not reviewed)
- Average rating: 3
Last month’s reviews included:
- Book Review: Unknown 9: Genesis by Layton Green
- Book Review: Holy Sister by Mark Lawrence
- NSFW Book Review: Transformations – Witnesses by Wayne & Ann Triskelion
- Book Review: The Empress of Salt and Fortune by Nghi Vo
- Book Review: Sixteenth Watch by Myke Cole
- Book Review: Ocean’s Fire by Stacey Tucker
- Book Review: Far Away Bird by Douglas A. Burton
- Book Review: The Queen’s Bargain by Anne Bishop
- NSFW Book Review: Best Bondage Erotica of the Year edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel
I always find what reviews are best received across different mediums to be fascinating, as it points to different audience segments being engaged . . . and this month was almost a clean-sweep for Anne Bishop:
- Most viewed on the blog – The Queen’s Bargain by Anne Bishop
- Most liked on Goodreads – The Queen’s Bargain by Anne Bishop
- Most reach on Facebook – The Queen’s Bargain by Anne Bishop
- Most liked on Twitter – The Empress of Salt and Fortune by Nghi Vo
Features and guests this month included my book blast for the Santa Barbara Suspense series, my A-to-Z Authors of International Women’s Day feature, Douglas A. Burton’s guest post on Empress Theodora and the Origin of Women’s Rights, and J.T. Nicholas’s guest post for RE-COIL.
Look Ahead: April
While I hesitate to look too far ahead, as my reading is dictated as much by my whims and desires of the moment as by release dates, reviews I’m (reasonably) confident you can expect to see this month include:
- The Will of the Wanderer by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman (this is my current idle time, just for me, no timelines or expectations, read)
- Dirges in the Dark by Ann Fox (I just started this last night)
- Silk and Leather: Lesbian Erotica with an Edge edited by Victoria Villasenor (this releases on the 14th)
- Sin Eater by Megan Campisi (I’m reading this for a tour stop on the 14th)
- Alchemy’s Air by Stacey Tucker (the 3rd book releases next month)
- The Ranger of Marzanna by Jon Skovron (this releases on the 21st)
- Of Honey and Wildfires by Sarah Chorn (the only reason I haven’t raved about this yet is that Sarah pushed out the release date)
- Dominant Business: An Lgbt Submissive Romance by J. Scott (this releases on the 28th)
Features and guests coming up this month include my stop on the blog tour for Sin Eater by Megan Campisi and a guest post by Tim Lebbon for his Eden blog tour.
I’m on the Eden blog tour as well, and I’d better start the book soon! And I love the number of books you bought, never apologize😁
Bob, sir, you are AMAZING!
Bob, you are AMAZING!
I wish I could buy that many books a month, but I’ve already run out of shelf space! That said, it’s not like you acquire 23 new books every month, right?
In all fairness, most were used books, so hoarding on a budget. 😁
LikeLiked by 1 person
How’d you manage to score so many used books? No bookstore near me has been open for 3 weeks!
I managed to hit one on the Monday before non-essential services got shut down and the others I ordered online. 🙂