Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish back 2010 before moving to That Artsy Reader Girl in 2018. It’s born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Books On My Fall 2020 TBR…
- The Seared Lands by Deborah A. Wolf has been sitting on the TBR pile for far too long. I was a huge fan of the first two books, so I need to get this wrapped up.
- Sorcery of a Queen by Brian Naslund is that rare sequel where the blurb compelled me to go back and read the first book, which I loved, so I’m looking forward to this!
- Space Station Down by Ben Bova and Doug Beason has been described as Die Hard in space, but with a kickass female protagonist. With a finished copy on hand, I’m ready.
- The Rites of Ecstasy by Hélène Lavelle is a new arrival to my stacks, a provocative novel, in the tradition of Decadent literature, spiced with Gothic.
- The Midnight Bargain by C.L. Polk [Oct 13, 2020] sounds like a fantastic tale of female magicians, female agency, and a choice between love and magic.
- Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse [Oct 13, 2020] is one I’ve been anxiously looking forward to, a sci-fi/fantasy inspired by the civilizations of the Pre-Columbian Americas.
- Phoenix Extravagant by Yoon Ha Lee [Oct 15, 2020] is another I’ve been excited about, a tale of loyalty, identity, and the power of art featuring a nonbinary protagonist and a mechanical dragon.
- Fighting for Home by Kim Richards is a book I’ve been horribly remiss in not reading sooner, inspired by the legends of the Amazoi, but an October tour stop will keep me focused.
- Plain Bad Heroines by Emily M. Danforth [Oct 20, 2020] sounds like the perfect Autumn read, a horror-comedy full of Victorian sapphic romance, sly humor, and gothic mischief.
- The Frozen Crown by Greta Kelly [Jan 12, 2021] is technically a winter read, but I don’t intend to wait that long for the princess witch to save her country from ruthless invaders.